The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is a medical school in India. It is located at Pondicherry, the capital of the union territory of Puducherry, in southern India. JIPMER is an Indian central government funded institute with autonomy to run its internal administration. JIPMER is both an educational institute that imparts undergraduate and postgraduate medical training and a working hospital that provides inexpensive medical care to a large number of patients. JIPMER is an institute of national importance and a tertiary care referral hospital that is under the direct administrative control of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
The Telemedicine Services centre of JIPMER entered into collaboration with Seoul National University Bundang Hospital (SNUBH), South Korea and has started using Trans-Eurasia Information Network (TEIN).Since, JIPMER is a Member of TEIN Network, the hospital can interact and share knowledge with European and Asian Countries.To begin with, on 15 February 2016 the personnel of JIPMER interacted over Video Conferencing using TEIN Network with Seoul National University Bundang Hospital (SNUBH) South Korea.
JIPMER thus became the first centre to use the Telemedicine services for the purpose. The Trans-Eurasia Information Network (TEIN) uses the ICT technologies to increase regional cooperation with Asian countries and to bridge the digital divide of less developed regions. It connects universities and research institutions with high capacity Internet network to increase the exchanges of knowledge among them and make big international research projects real
JIPMER originated as École de Médicine de Pondichérry established by the French imperial government in India in the year 1823 to train French citizens in Pondichéry. It was one of the earliest institutions of tropical medicine and the teaching staff consisted of surgeons and doctors of the French navy and troupes colones. Students who were trained here were granted a diploma called Médicin Locale that allowed them to practice medicine in the colonial territories. Under the French, the college was located in the heart of the town of Pondicherry in the modified buildings of the high court, opposite Le place de Gaulle, which is now the Legislative Assembly Hall. In 1959, SE Le Comte Stanislas Ostrorog, Ambassadeur de France aux Indes, laid the foundation stone of the new medical college building that was located on the outskirts of the town and, in 1964, the college moved to its new campus at Gorimedu.
FOR HOSPITAL & PATIENT RELATED:
Hospital Office : 📞 0413-2296000
Emergency Service : 0413-2296562 (24 Hrs),
Email : email@example.com
website : www.jipmer.edu.in